Fish Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoraxlove

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon fish tank and I had 2 guppies, 2 zebra danios, 1 platy, 1 gourami, and 1 molly. Back on September 30th I got a glofish tetra, another guppy, another platy, and a mystery snail. Everything seemed ok until two days ago. One of my guppies tails was completely shredded and although I took it out it ended up dying. Over the next night my molly's tail was messed up and so was another one of my guppy's. I thought the glofish tetra was behind it so I removed it and put it in a tank by itself. Last night went by and I thought my fish were safe, yet between this morning and this evening another guppy was found dead with its tail shredded. I now know the tetra is not behind it because it wasn't even in the tank. The fish that now remain in the tank are; 1 guppy, 2 zebra danios, 2 platys, 1 gourami, a snail, and 1 somewhat injured/sick molly. I know that zebra danios are known for nipping fins but the 2 that I have only hang out together and have caused me no problems and I have had them for over a year. I also check the aquarium water regularly and the water quality is right where it should be.

If someone could help me with what to do I would really appreciate it.
Thank you!

I'm gonna say it's either the groumai or danios as danios are fun nippers and there isn't enough room for all those fish in a 10g and the groumai is probably getting aggressive

I dont know how the parameters can be good with that bioload

Gourami can be pretty docile, but when they are stressed, they get mean. Real Jekyll and Hyde situation. They like to move!

the tiny computer is full of delicion!

I have a three-spot gourami who hates being overcrowded and wants her space. They're usually peaceful as long as they have room for territory. You probably just have an overpopulated tank. The best would probably be to either get a bigger tank with more room or split your fish up into two ten gallons.

It's the gourami. I've got 4 in my community tank. 1 male 3 female's. Two of my female guppies dropped fry the other day. Since they've started growing the male Gourami has been getting pissy. Can't be helped when they get crowded. (adding 25 or so youngsters to a neigborhood would piss anyone off)

Back
Top Bottom