Fish Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwesomeMarioFan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

We have two fish currently in a 10g tank, a silver molly and a small yellow guppy. The guppy for the past few weeks has been chasing the molly, however today the molly seemed to be floating idle on the bottom or top of the tank, not responding even if the other fish gets very close to it (Which it hasn't ever done before and doesn't seem normal). I was wondering if this would be due to something in the water, etc.

Also I had a few more questions:

How much do these fish usually eat? The store said two pinches of food, but the water seems to be turning a little bit yellow, is this normal for new tanks? (This was setup around a month ago.) We even tested the water 2-3 times and they said it was normal every time.

Also, for these two fish how much should you change the water? Normally, we do this around once a week (25%), however it still seems yellow.

Have you tested your water parameters? And with feeding I usually feed what they can eat in a couple minutes and fish out the rest. Except for my Cory tank where they happily eat all the leftovers! And 25% a week is usually good with water changes. What all do you have in your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom