Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey
So this fish is one of the only fish i dont know the name of i bought them because they were cheap and i like the look of them. Now i know they are some kind of barb.
Sorry about terrible photos they move so fast, veiw it in big for better vision
img_1271458_0_6ac99cf9ba3e883f3fae57c835816d68.jpg

img_1271458_1_957d957625dca18ee8995a597ae66077.jpg

Hmmm... I agree, they could be Rosy Barbs, but just haven't gotten their color yet because they're new. Compare yours to these pictures:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...1&biw=1440&bih=764]rosy barbs - Google Search

See what I mean? The Rosy Barbs in the pictures have such strong coloration, so my guess is that yours are probably just adjusting to the new tank. Something similar happened to my Von Rios. When I first got them, they looked like this:

P30278.jpg

And now they look like this:
Von%20Rio-Orange%20Flame-Tetra.jpg

Another option is a head&tail light tetra.

Though, not an option if you are positive it is a barb, though.

My iPod annoys me. I can't look at the pictures in Big Mode. Wen I clicked on them, it said, "No pictures in set". Sorry I couldn't help.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

Another option is a head&tail light tetra.

Though, not an option if you are positive it is a barb, though.
I don't think it's head and tail light, the markings are different. That's what I had originally thought, until I looked at a picture.
head_&_tail_light_tetra.jpg

So yeah, I think Jason has some Rosy Barbs that are either young or haven't adjusted to your tank yet.

Not head and tail light. They are definitely barbs and not tetras. They look like young gold barbs to me.

Gold barbs? I'm with homedog. I still think Rosies. Buuuuut, that's just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom