Fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billsey420

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone tell me what kind of algae eater this is and anything about it. Thanks

Attachments

• image-110496992.jpg
    image-110496992.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 93
He has done a good job already and has only been in the tank for a little over 12 hours.

Attachments

• image-3029761576.jpg
    image-3029761576.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 83
Its a sucking loach also called chinese algae eater. How bigs ur tank? They grow pretty big

herbzIOW said:
Its a sucking loach also called chinese algae eater. How bigs ur tank? They grow pretty big

I have a 29 gallon tank. I'll keep him for now I guess and then move him later. How long does it take them to get big?

I have a 29 gallon tank. I'll have to move him later when he gets to big. How long does it take to get big

From what ive seen they grow reasonably quickly but u should be alright for a good few months :)

herbzIOW said:
From what ive seen they grow reasonably quickly but u should be alright for a good few months :)

Ok cool thank you for the help.

I wouldnt use the words very agresive but as they get bigger they definately get more teritorial

I see how they can big so fast all that he does is eat. He moves from plant to plant to glass then back to the plants nonstop.

I have had one in my 10 gallon for 1+ year and he hasn't grown a whole lot, but they do get territorial. I call him the "grandpa" because when I put in a algae wafer all the fish try to pick at it, but he chases them off like "get off my lawn" :lol:. I know he shouldn't be in such a small tank and I wish I researched more about the fish when I got them. I'll be giving him away soon. This fish does an excellent job of keeping algae to a minimum although I think I've seen him nibbling on some plants...

I think I'm gonna have a hard time keeping enough algae in the tank for him to eat. I'm gonna have to give him algae tabs. He eats nonstop

yes they never stop eating lil pigs
I have 2
one only grew about a inch bigger than when I got them he is now about 2 inches but the other one he is almost 9 inches they were both the same size when I got them over 4 years ago

Back
Top Bottom