Fish-in Cycle - Day 25 - I have Nitrites! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Perhaps

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I`m doing a fish-in cycle in my new 36 Gallon Aqueon Bow Front, and after 25 days of 30% PWC every two days, I finaly have nitrites in my tank. Yeah! It was a lont wait, but now I`m totally excited!

It`s only 0.1 ppm, but it`s a start.

I try to keep my ammonia levels below .5ppm, and the 30% PWC seems to keep things in check.

:dance:

Congratulations? That seems like a long time, but that's one of the drawbacks of the fish-in cycle (not as controllable/predictable).

Hopefully the nitrite phase won't take as long for you.

What kind/how many fish are you using?

So I`m doing a fish-in cycle in my new 36 Gallon Aqueon Bow Front, and after 25 days of 30% PWC every two days, I finaly have nitrites in my tank. Yeah! It was a lont wait, but now I`m totally excited!

It`s only 0.1 ppm, but it`s a start.

I try to keep my ammonia levels below .5ppm, and the 30% PWC seems to keep things in check.

:dance:

Know anyone with an established, healthy tank? Consider getting some seeded media from them to add to your filter. You wouldn't believe how much faster your tank will cycle! Good luck!

Unfortunitely, I don`t have access to any used media. But now that the nitrites have started, I hope it won`t take to long :)

Day 29 - Nitrites 0.8ppm

PH 8.0
Amonia - Was 1ppm, I just finished a 30% PWC.... should bring it down some.
Nitrate - 0

I`ve added some BioMax Ceramic Rings to my Aqueon QuietFlow30 in the space between the cartridge and where the water enters. It might help speed up the process :)

Your ammo is going to be around .5, with a fish in cycle i would do another water change to bring it down more. Thats just me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom