fish not acting right, please help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eclipsegts_03

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so heres the deal, I have a large Jaguar cichlid, Yesterday I sold the tank he has been in for quite some time, (sold because i wanted to put him in something bigger) I filled up a 55g tank at same temp and added stress coat accordingly. I also added a small amount of aquarium salt and some baking soda to raise ph. He acted alright last night and this morning, but today after i came home from work he has been either sitting at the bottom gasping for air as his gills are open ing and closing like hes having trouble breatheing, or he spends time at the top of the water. I am running a Fluval 305 filter and running it at full open filtration, and i alo added a small air stone this evening. I have checked amonia, nitrites, ph, etc. is there something im missing, i love this fish and do not want to lose him. thank you!

eclipsegts_03 said:
Ok so heres the deal, I have a large Jaguar cichlid, Yesterday I sold the tank he has been in for quite some time, (sold because i wanted to put him in something bigger) I filled up a 55g tank at same temp and added stress coat accordingly. I also added a small amount of aquarium salt and some baking soda to raise ph. He acted alright last night and this morning, but today after i came home from work he has been either sitting at the bottom gasping for air as his gills are open ing and closing like hes having trouble breatheing, or he spends time at the top of the water. I am running a Fluval 305 filter and running it at full open filtration, and i alo added a small air stone this evening. I have checked amonia, nitrites, ph, etc. is there something im missing, i love this fish and do not want to lose him. thank you!

Are you using the same old filter? In other words, the Fluval 305 was running in the tank that you sold? If so, did you clean the filter in some way?
Also can you post your water readings (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and pH)? This will help others to help you better.

Back
Top Bottom