Fish poop white and clear its an internal parasite is paracide x safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostgirl86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fish have white and clear poop and i know they have an internal parasite

So im looking for Paracide-X meds but...

I have a couple questions on Paracide-X..

Is this safe for humans? Wont give me cancer?

Is the meds already treated to the food? Thats very important to me.

So my infected fish are in a 40 gal tank. They have been pooping white /clear doo doo so i was thinking of taking them out and putting them in a small tank. Feeding them ur food. Draining all the water in my 40 gal. Washing off my decorations. Waiting for my fish to get better. Filling up my 40 gal and returning them there. What do you think?

Or i have to treat them in the infected 40 gal?

Like is the poop they let out ...worms?? They dont look alive?

Can the worms infect me?? Im really grossed out by this and want to keep me safe and clean the tank right.

I know i asked alot of questions. I just never had this happen to me. Please help :(

No it will not give you cancer lol.....I highly doubt you will get infected with said parasite...make sure you always wash your hands after having them in the tank , any way .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well the fish meds in the store cause cancer. Like fungus clear. Ive used it in the past and never fully read it till now. Im surprised they still have it in stores. Well if anyone has advice on this med: paracide x please respond. Ive seen others wondering and no one has info on it? I try to search for it online and all i get is websites to buy it. Just wondering if its dangerous?:dance:

They are also turning from black mollies to silver its just awful. Is thats cuz the parasites??? Picture attached

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412480092.122131.jpg

Picutre is attached and if any one knows where to buy already treated food

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My fancy guppies have been afflicted with a similar condition for a long time. They got it from some wild guppies i bought from a shady dealer on Aquabid, never again will i do this. I could have ordered them from florida for the same price and all this would have been avoided.
Im not saying i know its the same thing, but I personally treated with Mentraidazole food alog with prapizpro in the water with no sucess. Don't rule out competely that it could be internal bacterial septima, like aeromonas or psedomonas bacteria infection. Im not sure of the ingredients of "paracide" or whether anything besides constant exposure to the same chemical or radiation or genetics "causes" cancer. If that were true, why do little babies get cancer but lifetime smokers never do? Im sure using it once would be okay. Just don't stick you hand in the water. And yeah, Malachite and Nitrofurazone are both "suspected" carciogens according to the state of california.
Then again, who knows. Cancer is one of those things that you would think we would have cured by now, i wouldn't worry about getting it from a fish medicine spilled on your hand or something tho, or flake food either. Im more concerned about the millions of tons of CO2 this world spews into the air each year like its nothing, and growth is slowed because of something so stupid money, a piece of paper.

Most things that are carcinogenic on the market - especially in the US are labelled that way based on the law or a way of limiting liability in the absence of a law so they can claim you were put on notice.

A lot of these items are carcinogenic if used in super large quantities. It is great to be aware of all these toxins, just keep that in mind.

My fish get white poop after I feed them peas. Do you feed yours peas? Of course that doesn't account for the loss of color, but figured Id throw it out there.

Thanks for the responses.:) happy u guys are helping :)

Nope, i havent fed them peas. I recently bought them from petsmart for a steal of a sale. Probably thats y they were soo cheap cuz they were all infected. I have babies from one of the mothers and 1/3 of them have sadly passed away. I would say they have clearish doo doo that is long. I suspect they are sick too but i just recently treated them with fungus clear to treat them. Already showing signs of improvement cuz they look like they have clamped fins and doing torpedo movements.

I just wish that my 40 gallon wasnt infected thats a big tank to clean. :banghead:

I guess ill try the paracide x and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom