Fish Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noteworthy

Aquarium Advice Freak
55 Gallon Tank:

60 lbs rock (50% is live)
50 lbs sand

Cleanup Crew
3 snails
2 crabs
2 cleaner shrimp
1 cc starfish? -How much of a cleaner is this?

Fish List
1 Yellow Tail Damsel
1 Yellow Tang

I am interested in adding the following...
1 oc. clown
1 goby - sand sifter correct?
10 or so more snails

Would it be too much to add a bicolor or flame angel to the tank? From what I understand they both fall under the dwarf angel listing. I would like to add something else but I'm not sure exactly what that will be. It will be about a month before my next purchase and I'm just collecting ideas.

Thanks

You should be safe adding the goby and clown, but watch the damsel. More snails wouldn't hurt either, mix them up a bit with turbos and nassarious. I believe that angel would be alright, but that would put you right at the stocking limit, maybe a little over. I have a choc chip star that seems to be more messy than a cleaner, but I have never had any problems with my nitrites, nitrates, or ammonia.

Thank you for the response. The damsel I have is the one that was being 'beat-up' by my other damsel before I removed it to QT. I will probably add a clown and some snails next. Later a goby and angel. My LFS doesn't label their snails so I am unsure of which type they are selling me.

In my QT I have an 8 lb liverock and a few pounds of live sand in a 10 gallon with the one 'super aggressive' damsel. What would you guys do? Keep it and make a nano-fowlr or what? I'm unsure if I should keep the tank up or just give him to the LFS. They don't do credit on returned fish. He is perfectly healthy. Just 'uber' aggressive.

Back
Top Bottom