Fish suggestions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 100 gallon reef with 3 shrimp, xenia, polyps, 1 damsel, 1 regal, 1 yellow and 1 false perc. I need to get 2-4 more fish but am having a hard time deciding. I dont want any "filler" fish so what would you get?
I was thinking wrasse, dottieback, goby????

Second question what fish are NOT prone to carry ick? I would like to get a couple of these and add them to my QT first and not have to worry about ick so much. Then when I get ready to add a second round of fish I can add ones that might have ick and treat them seperate...

You could get another perc for current clownfish, plus a 6 line wrasse, and maybe a group of purple firefish would be nice. Any of the gobies are great too!

I heard getting another clown is risky? I have had this clown for about 4 years now. Its the larger of 2 and the smaller one died about 2 years ago.
Also can you tell me which of the fish are prone to ick and which ones arent? Again I want to QT all of the fish that arent prone to ick first. In other words I want to buy them first.

Gobies are less prone I believe. If you want a sifter then I would get a bullet goby

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/index.php?p=getitem&db_id=7&item_id=168

If you are looking for personality then the pink spotted is great

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/index.php?p=getitem&db_id=7&item_id=164

How about some anthias. I have the bartletts they are pretty hardy

http://www.fantasyreef.com/database/index.php?p=getitem&db_id=7&item_id=170

Just some suggestions. Cant wait to see what you get.

You have lots of options. I like my royal gramma a lot. Also, my sixline and pruple firefish are great.

So if I get say 3 fish and put them in QT, how long do you keep fish like sand sifters, wrasses, ect in QT for the regular 6-8 weeks? Thats the reason I keep asking about fish that are less prone to ick. I want to put them all together if I can so I will only have to watch out for other diseases.
So to this point I have gramma, goby, firefish...any others?

IMO I would not keep the goby in as long as others because they need to sift and most QT dont have any sand in them. Keep in long enough to observe for parasites and disease. But I would not put all three together or you will have to keep him in as long as the others.

SO what fish would you start off with and how long do you QT? Say if I were to put a sand sifter in QT, how long?

Ok guys. I bought 2 fish today. I bought a midas blenny and a 6 line wrasse! The blenny has been in the same tank for over a month now and he is a PIG! The LFS fed him and he was taking it all in as fast as he could. The 6 line wrasse came in a shipment yesterday but is eating and swimming around as well. So any suggestions? I understand both are not prone to ick so how long in QT?

Back
Top Bottom