Fish twitching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my lemon tetras is twitching and staying at the bottom of the tank. I would upload a video, but I only have the option to upload photos from my phone. I tested the water last night and ammonia was either 0.25 or 0.50, nitrites were 0, and nitrates were either 10 or 20.

Does not sound like your cycled. Or Over stocked. Do a large wc dose prime and retest. May need to do twice.

My tank's been cycled for a year. I do weekly 50% water changes, but my ammonia always stay at 0.25. My tank is a 20 gallon long and I have 17 fish in it (2 of them are "worker/""feeder" fish). I use the liquid test kit.

I remember being in a thread about your tank. What size is it ? And do you have ammonia in tap? May be overstocked and levels just rise. Have you messed with substrate. Over fed? Recently had a death in tank? Something off

I remember now. Ya you have alot of fish in there. Chloramine can give false positives too. But if you always have ammonia it could be your water source. Personally I dont like 20 nitrates. Either way imo need a wc. Then probably need to look at stocking and feeding.

What do you mean worker/feeder fish?

I remember now. Ya you have alot of fish in there. Chloramine can give false positives too. But if you always have ammonia it could be your water source. Personally I dont like 20 nitrates. Either way imo need a wc. Then probably need to look at stocking and feeding.

What do you mean worker/feeder fish?

I tested my tap awhile back and there was 0 ammonia in it. Worker/feeder fish: an otocinclus and a horseface loach.

And I feed a pinch or two of food once a day

I remember you seemed upset. But seems like I remember tank being overstocked. It stinks I know. But to me it takes the fun out of the hobby if you have to constantly fight parameters. Leads to a lot of work, stress, wasted money, and dead stock.

I dont know alot but I know proper stocking makes this game alot more fun. I got 5 endlers in a 10g. Sure id love a dozen but you cant do it.

Back
Top Bottom