Fishless Cycle complete!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmptyH

Aquarium Advice Regular
This morning I woke up and tested the level in my tank and both ammonia and NitrItes were zero :multi: :multi: :multi: After three weeks my fishless cycle is complete. To anyone who is considering a fishless cycle I highly recommend it. It is quicker, easier, and less stress (on both the humans and the fish) and there is an amazing sense of accomplishment. My first tank I did a fishy cycle that took four weeks, I had to do several pwc and was always worrying about the fish. With a fishless cycle I just put some ammonia in when I woke up and and tested the levels when I got home from work, much better. Yes staring at an empty tank for three weeks did bug me sometimes but knowing that I was doing things "the right way" made it worth it.

Tonight I am moving the fish from my Qt tank over to their new bigger home and I will probably get more fish for the Qt tank tomorrow.

:pimp:

wow congrats... it is a wonderful feeling when you know you have preserved lives and made it easier on yourself as well! Did you use seeded filter media from your other tank to jump start the cycle?

The move went great :) I was suprised at how much more active everyone has been since moving to the bigger tank. The entire time in quarantine the neons were very shy and didn't move much, a couple of hours after the move they started exploring and checking everything out.

All of the fish seem to be enjoying their new home.

Thanks to everyone here for their advise and support.

Back
Top Bottom