Fishless cycle status

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That kind of dropped my jaw to the floor, considering it has taken almost 2 weeks and sure my ammonia is disappearing within a few hours of dosing up to 8ppm but my nitrItes are not going down and my nitrAtes are not increasing much. I don't know if it's because of the plants, or what. I'm totally confused.

I congratulate you on such a fast cycle recovery!

That kind of dropped my jaw to the floor, considering it has taken almost 2 weeks and sure my ammonia is disappearing within a few hours of dosing up to 8ppm but my nitrItes are not going down and my nitrAtes are not increasing much. I don't know if it's because of the plants, or what. I'm totally confused.

I congratulate you on such a fast cycle recovery!

I was surprised too! I hope the switch flips for you very quickly!

Thanks. Do you think it may have been a little quicker without the baking soda incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

quite possibly, but likely only 2-3 days. Without seeding material, I don't see how it can be done in less than a month.

quite possibly, but likely only 2-3 days. Without seeding material, I don't see how it can be done in less than a month.

You are right. I'm happy with 37-38 days. Makes sense.

Please could you put your time in this thread? Just a couple of lines and explain briefly what happened and why you think it may have been a couple of days quicker. Would much appreciate it.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/post-your-cycling-times-please-350626.html

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom