Flame Angel or Coral Beauty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hammerhead911

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am torn on which one to put in my tank. I am just starting to cycle(65 gal) and finalizing my fish/wish list. Can anybody give me the pros and cons of both fish?
I am also think of these tank mates:

2 O Clowns
1 Firefish
1 Yellow watchman
1 Flame Hawk
1 Jawfish
1 Lawnmower Blenny(after the tank gets established)

Would the Flame or the Beauty be in my best interest?

Your approaching what I would consiter to be your max stocking capacity already. The dwarf angel would be your limit for sure. Both are good candidates. Flames can have a short survivability as many are collected from areas that still use cyanide or other distructive methods of collection. I personally had to go thru two till I got a flame that was healthy and ate well. Coral beauties can be some what shy and seclusive if someone is at the front of the tank so thats something to consiter.

i have a coral beauty and each one i found is different in color mine is darker but still look fine. if you buy one of these i would order it from someone that will show you the exact fish you will be buying, since this fish varies in color from each individual. Also i would reccomend that you QT it and make it eat greens. the fish i got would not eat greens and still to this day he barley touches it, and i beleieve that is what casused my coral beauty to gain a little white behind both eyes. however mine is still healthy. i had good luck with my tang i bought i put him in his own tank and only presented greens and eventually he ate them, and now he eats them all the time no problem. just that the lfs doesnt know how to properly feed their tange and angel. Also make sure you give some garlic with in the first month of having this fish, if not you are asking for a ich machine while it gets use to its new enviroment. also remeber that they may not be reef safe depending on the individual, so if you wanted to get coral i would avoid the flame and the coral that i have hasnt botherd my coral yet. flames tend to not be reefsafe but i do know a few that have a few that wont mess with coral. also keep in mind that these fish sometimes are aggressice towards smaller fish. well i hope that helps and makes since :D

I have a coral beauty and I am very happy with it. It doesn't seem to be very shy when I approach the tank and it gets a long well with my two clowns. They all chase each other around the odd time. Sometimes the clowns will chase the coral beauty and sometimes it's the other way around. They never cause any damage to one another though. I seemed to have been very fortunate with the colour of mine. It is very beautiful I haven't seen another one like it in any of the lfs I have been in.

I have a coral beauty as well and it's a great fish. No problems with ich or anything. It will even eat out of our hands. Beautiful fish!

Love my CB. She is very friendly and will rush the front glass at feeding time!!! She loves all foos flake pellets mysis brine. Fat little heffer!!!! She gets along great with my clowns as well. Not sure about the flame but I prefer the colors of the CB anyways. Go with CB if you want corals though. Dito on FishFreek on catching the flames.

i had the same dilimia but went with the flame he is doing great he comes out when im home and eats alot

Back
Top Bottom