Floating white particles in water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satchel_Paige

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all, hopefully someone can figure out my dilemma for me. I've got a 29 gallon fairly heavily planted tank with a sand substrate. Recently we got another tank in the house and ran through the whole cycle process. We noticed after the cycle had finished that there were some small floating white particles in the water. This was not a huge deal as you can only see them when you are focusing on the water or really up close. Then I woke up this morning and noticed that it is in my tank as well now. At first I thought it was just air bubbles but on closer inspection they do not disappear once they hit the surface. All my water perimeters are fine and the only thing that I can think of is maybe something to do with the new filter I just installed yesterday. I swapped out my Aquaclear 50 and Tetra whisper pf10 for a Aquaclear 70. I put the old media bag from the Aquaclear 50 in the new filter along with the new media bag. I also still have the old Aquaclear 50 running in the tank as I want to give the new filter a chance to build up some bb. Is there anything I can do to rectify this? Thanks for your time.

If it's truly just debris in the tank then I would suggest adding some poly fill to the filters. I bought mine as pillow stuffing from wal mart.

Pillow-8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom