Florida Flagfish and hair algae - a photo journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Fluff. I just realized that I have not updated you on my flagfish situation since my last post in the photo journal....

I don't know if the first 2 flagfish were from a bad batch, but neither of them made it

I went back and decided to give it one more try - they had three females left (not sure if they were from the same shipment or not) - and since they are schoaling fish I decided to take all three.

Well, let me tell you!! They finished off the rest of the hair algae in my tank within days!! And it gets better!! They ate all the algae off of my driftwood (looks like it did the day I got it!!) and most of the algae that was growing on my coco hut (coconut hut)! They are too good! It's been about a month or so and they are doing wonderfully!

img_406480_0_c32b51d91680229f359e8840e88103e5.jpg

I concur American-flag fish are great at cleaning house. I only have a single female currently (awaiting my LFS to get some more in) but she is cosumes vast quantities every day. It is amazing what she eats I don't think she ever stops.

Yes I agree! I swear, they eat the algae even before it even grows visible, lol.

Back
Top Bottom