Flourish Excel and Anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased some flourish excel over the weekend and I am using it mainly to spot treat some hair algae. I have read it will kill Anacharis. Is this true?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No it will be just fine. You are thinking of Metricide. M. Is much stronger than excel and cause plants like anarchis to melt. I've triple dosed excel with no negative effects.

Caleb

No it will be just fine. You are thinking of Metricide. M. Is much stronger than excel and cause plants like anarchis to melt. I've triple dosed excel with no negative effects.

Caleb

Very cool, thanks again Caleb! I was researching and a couple people even stated they have had Vals and Java Fern melt with Excel treatments.

Very cool, thanks again Caleb! I was researching and a couple people even stated they have had Vals and Java Fern melt with Excel treatments.

It's possible with Val's. I started Metricide and my Val's and anarchis melted away to nothing almost. With excel the anarchis grew like a weed.

Caleb

It's possible with Val's. I started Metricide and my Val's and anarchis melted away to nothing almost. With excel the anarchis grew like a weed.

Caleb

Ohh my, mine are already growing like crazy. My Anacharis are shooting roots out like crazy. Which I am not very fond of. Every 4"-5" I have a root sprouting out. Especially since I have started added flourish comprehensive.

Ohh my, mine are already growing like crazy. My Anacharis are shooting roots out like crazy. Which I am not very fond of. Every 4"-5" I have a root sprouting out. Especially since I have started added flourish comprehensive.

Well that's good it's taking off so well :) I didn't trim mine and I got a stem close to 4ft in length

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom