Fluval 06 series?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I really want to get one of these Fluval 406 canister filters and I've read many good reviews on them. The only thing is ive read a few bad reviews about it leaking because of the big o-ring cracking or busting. I've never had a canister filter and I am nervous to come home and have 55 gallons of water on the floor.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this canister filter?
Is there a type of aquarium safe grease to keep the life of this o-ring up?
Or is it ok to get a new o-ring to replace the one it comes with?

I have had a Fluval 306 for the past year and a half. It is a really great filter and I'm extremely happy with it. I have never had a problem with the O-ring. Fluval says that you should replace the O-ring every year which I have done. The O-rings are pretty cheap. I'm also going to start using this just as a little insurance.

Lifegard Aquatics Silicone Lubricant

I really want to get one of these Fluval 406 canister filters and I've read many good reviews on them. The only thing is ive read a few bad reviews about it leaking because of the big o-ring cracking or busting. I've never had a canister filter and I am nervous to come home and have 55 gallons of water on the floor.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this canister filter?

Is there a type of aquarium safe grease to keep the life of this o-ring up?

Or is it ok to get a new o-ring to replace the one it comes with?

I have a 406, the only issue I have is the impeller cover doesn't sit properly resulting in loud rattling noise. I had to wrap the cover with Teflon tape to fix this issue.

I'm running dual 406's in my 75g for over a month and so far no issues at all. They both run great and are nice and quiet. No leaks, although I haven't had mine that long.

Weird about the impeller noise. Mine is so quiet I have no idea it's even on.

Back
Top Bottom