Fluval 105 or 205

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still gotta buy lr and ls.. hmm probably no larger than 200 for lights if possible. If not itll cut into my coral fund. Total budget around 600-700 dollars

I am also using distilled water due to no ro di units near me

This is pretty much top of the line

Aquarium Lighting for Reef Systems: Current Nova Extreme Pro Saltwater T-5 Fixtures

You could prob grow calms in there with that light LOL

But then theres these

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures

Good lights can grow most anything you want basically
Has lunar lights and a built in timer

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures

Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO Dual Lamp Light Fixtures

Now these lights owuld let you grow all the easy stuff and they are attachable so you can add one on at a later date

Just some examples.. Hope it helps

How did you find that so fast...?

I really like the second one cause of the lunar leds. They come on at night? Can all lights be turned off as well?

Yep, those are moonlights. I dont really ahve them on any of my tanks but the cube and its ones arent good at all. lol But I always wanted them but my fixtures dont ever have them. I have the 12 bulb nova extreme pro and its top of the line, but no darn moonlights hehe
LOL

Theres a timer built in too I believe. You can have them all on, just the blues,just the whites or just the moonlights.

The timer is going to be so convenient! So this will do well for most of the easier/medium corals? What light level is that, high/medium/low? I only know basic lights for my planted tank.

You should buy an led strip! Thats what the reiew for the first one said lol

Led's are kinda cool but they vary soo much in price, quality and so many other factors i wouldnt jump in on them just yet. Liek the marineland reef ready light. Its a nice color and looks awesome isnt too mcuh money but it's not a good example of leds. :-(

The lights that I linked are quad and double T5 fixtures. So 2 whites bulbs 2 actinic (blue) bulbs and themoonlights

In my opinion thats a great choice. The lights really do make the tank and you want something reasonable. That's probably the biggest expense you'll come across. :)

In my opinion thats a great choice. The lights really do make the tank and you want something reasonable. That's probably the biggest expense you'll come across. :)

Lol reasonable ha I am expecting a lot! cost 25 times my tank! You will definately hear from me again when more definate coral choices come along!

Is there a small clam I could sneak in the tank? One that doesnt get 16" long?

I bet you could get one of the deresa clams with that light in that tank. I wouldnt try maxima clams though. But yep, you could get most corals that you'd want and see good growth too.

Ok I will definately keep that in mind! thanks so much for your help carey!!!!!
Now to research my corals without breaking budget..

Should I buy them as frags or as full pieces? How do you attach them to the lr?

i just sit the little plugs on the rock since i like to move my stuff all the time. but you can glue them if you want. You can buy larger corals as well, it's up to you.

Do the larger corals grow larger? Frags take time to grow into larger corals I am assuming. Sorry about all these amatuer questions!

It;s fine, it's what the forum is for. You'll find that out sooner than later. :)

some corals like zooa's grow can take over a the plug they are on and then onto the rock tanking that over in just a few months. I have amny corals that I had as frags that have grown ALOT. Duncan corals grow pretty quick for me, mushrooms spread alot, Frogspawns split and multiply pretty good too, all from a tiny $10 frag sometimes.

That may be the best way to go for me then since I am very not smart when it comes to the sw aspect.

How do you feed them? I read something about zooplankton and they are carnivores?

I am so glad you are patient with me! I know its probably annoying!

Back
Top Bottom