Fluval Chi questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, I was out and about at the weekend and see the Fluval Chi Aquarium

Fluval Chi Aquarium 25 Litre

I couldn't see much about them, so was wondering:

1. Has anyone got one and are they any good?
2. What little fish can be kept in them?
3. Does it have a heater as I couldn't see in the description as it didn't mention heater?
4. any other opinions?

I just though it might be really nice to have it in the kitchen.

Sam.

samt1 said:
Hi Guys, I was out and about at the weekend and see the Fluval Chi Aquarium

Fluval Chi Aquarium 25 Litre

I couldn't see much about them, so was wondering:

1. Has anyone got one and are they any good?
2. What little fish can be kept in them?
3. Does it have a heater as I couldn't see in the description as it didn't mention heater?
4. any other opinions?

I just though it might be really nice to have it in the kitchen.

Sam.

It doesnt come with a heater but u can always just add one urself! As far as stock goes, u are quite limited! Betta tank or a shrimp tank maybe? :) I reckon chi looks super awesome!

I have heard some great reviews about them.

There are quite a few nano fish that could go in their, including Scarlet Badis, sparkling gourami, male betta (I've seeb them in there and they didnt jump out), Celestial Pearl Danios, and Endlers livebearers. There are still many more options than I posted.

The chi does not include a heater, you will have to buy it seperately.

I have one in my kitchen, the filter sucks, and the light output is poor and you need to get your fingers wet to turn on the light, but what to expect from a $55 tank, and all in all besides the short comings I like the looks and love the sound and my wife's beta is very happy in there. Stocking options are fairly limited for the obvious space reasons.

Last edited:
My filter has a mind of its own and sometimes it'll suck in at the top rather than push water out. I end up having to unplug it and replug it over and over and move the filter up and down to get it going again.

It's a good tank for what it is, and doesn't take up much space. I wouldn't try to stock it heavily with anything. A single betta works out well, or a shrimp colony.

Sorry, not trying to hijack...I'm trying to talk my friend out of going out and buying a Chi and a Betta on the same day (today). He said he's got seeded media...does the Chi's filter have space to actually squeeze in media? I have no idea how their filters work.

Sorry, not trying to hijack...I'm trying to talk my friend out of going out and buying a Chi and a Betta on the same day (today). He said he's got seeded media...does the Chi's filter have space to actually squeeze in media? I have no idea how their filters work.

It's pretty tight in there, it's just a piece of foam and a replaceable carbon insert. It's a pretty basic design with little options of what media to use. What I did to seed mine was placing some Seachem Matrix on top of the filter where the rocks go, with the water passing over the seeding material.

For a little more money the Fluval Flora or Shrimp is a better buy IMO, having owned both the Chi and Ebi Nano. Better lighting and slightly better filtration but the looks and sound still go to the Chi IMO.

Last edited:
HUKIT said:
It's pretty tight in there, it's just a piece of foam and a replaceable carbon insert. It's a pretty basic design with little options of what media to use. What I did to seed mine was placing some Seachem Matrix on top of the filter where the rocks go, with the water passing over the seeding material.

Thanks man. Sorry for the hijack.

Back
Top Bottom