Fluval e50 fully submersible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

watersponge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm new to this water heating stuff and reading the manual of my Fluval e50 is rather confusing.

It says: "[...] The heater must be immersed in water at least up to the MIN. WATER LEVEL "min." indicated (but without exceeding the depth of 100cm - 39 inches). [...]"

To my understanding, this means that the heater is fully submersible to at least a meter. It also says that the top part of the heater is a "Watertight safety seal".

But then there's a picture that seems to mean to not put it underwater.

I'm confused... Can this thing go fully underwater or not?

Thanks,

I know *exactly* what you're talking about. When I was looking to replace my heaters, I had the same question, so I ended up buying a different brand heater! Wonder how many sales Fluval has lost for the confusing markings/literature?

The Fluval E is fully submersible. I experienced the same concerns when reading their instructions until I figured it out:

The pictures that are "don't do" -- are saying that the heater must be mounted.

- One of the pictures shows the heater just hanging by the power cord, which is bad.

- The other picture shows it laying on the bottom of the tank, which is bad.

As long as the Heater is completely underwater, and it's suctioned to a wall, you should be golden.

I should add that the Fluval E comes with a "mounting bracket" - you don't need to use that as long as the standard suction cups on the back work fine.

The bracket is only for tanks with odd corners or tight spaces that don't allow for sucking the heater right to the wall.

Back
Top Bottom