Fluval Flora Build Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yes, you can buy them. ADA will sell you anything and everything to set up a nice tank. But, they're expensive. You can just look around and find neat rocks. I'm havnig a hard time, but I think I might know where I can get some locally. Just know ahead of time what you need, size wise and looks wise.

fishfanatic said:
I am definitely going to give this iwagumi thing a shot (however the heck you pronounce that). What kind of rocks should be used? Are there special iwagumi rocks you can buy?

That'd be great if you could buy some!

mfdrookie516 said:
Oh yes, you can buy them. ADA will sell you anything and everything to set up a nice tank. But, they're expensive. You can just look around and find neat rocks. I'm havnig a hard time, but I think I might know where I can get some locally. Just know ahead of time what you need, size wise and looks wise.

What would I search in Google to find them?

Homedog98 said:
"Iwagumi rocks for sale" I would guess.

I feel dumb that I didn't think of that.... but I think that if I were to find the rocks they would be more meaningful. Could I put petrified wood in an aquarium (I have founds tuns in my hikes around southern Utah)

[QUOTE="Mr. Limpet
You aren't kidding, DW is sold by the inch lol. JK, but it seemed like it. Made the $70 glass filter in/out tubes seem like a deal.[/QUOTE]

I would say DW is sold by the mm. Lol

How about some of these. Not the one on the top it is a dinosaur bone that I found and the museum didn't want it lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110531_205921.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110531_205921.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 164
fishfanatic said:
How about some of these. Not the one on the top it is a dinosaur bone that I found and the museum didn't want it lol

The 3 dark colored ones would be perfect! They'd give you your fukushiki, oyashai, and the other one... Lol. And they all match!

Is this how I would have them in the aquarium? It does not look right.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110531_211211.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110531_211211.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 129
I've got petrified wood in my paludarium, perfect for any tank. Going with petrified wood is like getting the best of both worlds, rock and wood hardscape in one! :D

O I ment HC sorry. I am not sure if they will be to large... I will take a picture with a ruler next to it

The fluval Flora is 12.5*12.5*14 inches I believe... would these rocks be too large?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110531_215609.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110531_215609.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
LemurLad said:
I've got petrified wood in my paludarium, perfect for any tank. Going with petrified wood is like getting the best of both worlds, rock and wood hardscape in one! :D

Amen to that.. lol

Back
Top Bottom