Fluval FX6 Trapped Air.. HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
Up until about 3 days ago, my FX6 would do its shutoff thing and spit out bubbles for a good 10 seconds.
Now it barely does anything.
If I manually unplug it and plug it back in, it will cough up a dozen or so micro-bubbles then start itself.

If I shake the canister I can hear a lot of sloshing around and it is very clear that there is trapped air.

Both the input and output hoses are taught with no loops or dips at all.

Help me someone!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What i do is let it suck some air and slowly put it back in water... U can listen when it fills up.
Try

What i do is let it suck some air and slowly put it back in water... U can listen when it fills up.
Try

Ok I'll have a go when I get in.

What I was planning is emptying the canister with that drainage valve then letting it fill itself up again, would this solve anything?

Try

Nope, didn't work.
I can still hear a large amount of sloshing when I shake the canister..
It sounds like the top 2 inches is just a pocket of air..

Pushing all the way down in the tank to give it more preassure? And rotate

How about turning it off for a few seconds then back on? Also try moving it and tilting it a little while it's running and while it's off, you want to move the air around till it comes up through either the in or out hoses.

How about turning it off for a few seconds then back on? Also try moving it and tilting it a little while it's running and while it's off, you want to move the air around till it comes up through either the in or out hoses.

If I turn it on and off a bunch it does spit some air.. but not much.
I don't want to go about damaging the plug or blow a fuse.

And believe me, I've shaken like my life depends on it..

So this still isn't working properly...
I've run out of things to try

I would try to contact fluval directly. Maybe they have someone who can troubleshoot over the phone.

Yes, you can either fill it with 8l manually or let it fill itself with water from the tank.

Either way, it should completely fill itself on startup.
The manual for the FX6 I have says that it will not function properly unless there is at least 2 gallons of water in it before you try to prime it.

Not sure if that is true, just what it says in the manual :)

The manual for the FX6 I have says that it will not function properly unless there is at least 2 gallons of water in it before you try to prime it.

Not sure if that is true, just what it says in the manual :)

I took it apart for a clean last week, it did the startup procedure fine but since then it hasn't expelled any air.

I would try to contact fluval directly. Maybe they have someone who can troubleshoot over the phone.

I tried contacting Hagen via their website, the Contact Us tab on there leads to a blank page though...

Back
Top Bottom