Fluval Spec Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a diagram of how and where the heater will fit. It's in the back right corner of the sump.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 96
aqua_chem said:
Do you have CO2 set up? HC is one of those plants that will grow/die based on CO2 levels.

I am waiting on a new diffuser. I will do DIY co2 once it arrives.

Actually, I have a whole extra mini co2 system on hand that I can use. I will set it up today.

That co2 system doesn't work. I contacted Fluval and am hopefully getting a warranty refund. I am definitely going to need a heater-this is what the temperature is without it:

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120421_155031.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120421_155031.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 80
UPDATE? :D

Max, I found some DW. A member here approached me, and he has more in classifieds. Check my thread to see the piece. It is COOL.

Also check it to help a little with plants and such :) Thanks.

How are your plants doing? Is it fully cycled yet?

MABJ said:
UPDATE? :D

Max, I found some DW. A member here approached me, and he has more in classifieds. Check my thread to see the piece. It is COOL.

Also check it to help a little with plants and such :) Thanks.

How are your plants doing? Is it fully cycled yet?

Sorry, no updates yet. The tank is at my mom's house, and I am at my dad's right now. I am going to get a piece of driftwood from Severum Mama with anubias attached in a while. I am not sure how the plants are doing yet. It is fully cycled, I seeded it with used media and dosed 2ppm of ammonia when I set it up. I tested it on Sunday, and it was at 0.

Very cool. Mine should be here tomorrow, too. How did you seed? I've got a large rectangular filter pad, so just cut it in half? :\ not sure what to do.

She does have a great deal on the anubias attached. I got an awesome piece of DW, so I just passed on severum's. I'm not sure what I'll attach to it yet, if anything.

Will you lean yours upwards or lay it more flat?

MABJ said:
Very cool. Mine should be here tomorrow, too. How did you seed? I've got a large rectangular filter pad, so just cut it in half? :\ not sure what to do.

She does have a great deal on the anubias attached. I got an awesome piece of DW, so I just passed on severum's. I'm not sure what I'll attach to it yet, if anything.

Will you lean yours upwards or lay it more flat?

I just added the whole bag of ceramic rings. In your case, yes, I would cut the sponge in half. I am not sure how I will use the driftwood yet, I guess I'll have to play around with it.

I will see how the HC did on Wednesday. I will post a picture too.

I saw some of it dying off. I decided to put my 15w 6500k spiral CFL on there to see if that does any better, but I know it will. :) I am hopefully going to be able to get the heater tomorrow.

When I originally put many of my plants into my aquarium, I saw a large dieoff phase.. Followed by a large growth spurt. Maybe it is normal?

When I originally put many of my plants into my aquarium, I saw a large dieoff phase.. Followed by a large growth spurt. Maybe it is normal?
Yeah, I think it is normal. I'm just too impatient to wait. LOL.

Bahahahah. Well there is no harm in that in this case. This light is incredible. Within a few hours of being on, my plants, which were drooped down from lights off for more than their usual time, perked right up to the light, and have demonstrated new leaves of growth... Within hours. Its incredible. I wish I could set up a time lapse camera. It would be remarkable to see the plant literally growing.

MABJ said:
Bahahahah. Well there is no harm in that in this case. This light is incredible. Within a few hours of being on, my plants, which were drooped down from lights off for more than their usual time, perked right up to the light, and have demonstrated new leaves of growth... Within hours. Its incredible. I wish I could set up a time lapse camera. It would be remarkable to see the plant literally growing.

I always wanted to set a time elapsed camera ive seen videos on YouTube and it's awesome to watch every phase of growth

Fishandmusic81 said:
I always wanted to set a time elapsed camera ive seen videos on YouTube and it's awesome to watch every phase of growth

:eek: I'll check it out. Yeah it is so beautiful.

Here it is with the CFL lamp. It seems to be much brighter. I am going to set up DIY co2 today.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120426_071809.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120426_071809.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 66
maxwellag said:
Here it is with the CFL lamp. It seems to be much brighter. I am going to set up DIY co2 today.

What's floating? Your spec is gonna be much better than mine, I can tell lol.

What's floating? Your spec is gonna be much better than mine, I can tell lol.

Nothing is floating in the tank, that is just humidity fogging up the glass. I am not sure how it will turn out.

Back
Top Bottom