Flying By The Seat Of My Pants and Waving Hi!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caprig

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I am relatively new to fishkeeping, but due to a love for research and doing things well, I am going about it the best I can. I am always interested in what info I can glean from others and am looking forward to hanging here!

I have six tanks (yes, I have crossed into the dark side)

I over filter all tanks as large as I can realistically and I have Pro heaters, and do weekly water changes (partial) to maintain healthy tanks. We have well water so chlorine is not a problem and our PH is in the upper 7s as a rule.

I used to have a wonderful school of Boesemani Rainbow fish that I loved watching, but they were wiped out a couple of months ago when I purchased one last fish to balance the female/male ratio. The fish had a disease and despite observation for a week previous, all but two died. They would start to act sick, and then be dead in an hour or two. No one locally had a clue what this was from either. IT was bizarre.

I purchased two boesemani to put in with the others, but the two males that were left tried to hurt them badly, so I had to remove them and put them in another mixed tank instead.

I have neons, cherry barbs, a gourami, clown pleco, guppies, betta, bristlenose plecos, and cory cats.

Keep in mind these are in six different tanks, not one. :)

I often have months of stable tanks, but lately am having a terrible time with unexpected ammonia spike in my largest tank which I plan to post about in another forum, as I realize this is not the place.

So, there it is, my intro post. I look forward to meeting you all!

Back
Top Bottom