fml

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zhuber

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i just healed ich two weeks ago today i decided to do a water change spilled water everything works minus one of my filters i have a 55 gallon tank two angels three blue rams 3 plecos 1 gourami 3 tetras i dont know what to do should i just get a new one and on top of that i accidentally spilled dirty water from the down filter into the water so now my waters cloudy im f**ked and stressed please help. :(:banghead::banghead::banghead::facepalm::confused:

What?

Sorry, this is confusing. Try not to panic, remind yourself how good of a job you are doing and don't try to be perfect. It's going to work out!

ok so two weeks ago i conquered ich....
today i decided to do a water change put my carbon back in os i got the water out. Put water back in then i spilled some. Wiped it down i changed the filter media put carbon in then plugged it in only one filter worked. so then i unplugged the one that didnt work and was gonna inspect well when i was taking it off i spilt dirty filter water in my tank. so then i took out 5 more gallons out of my 55 cause its cloudy now. then after all that i wrote this.

Well it's not so bad so take a deep breath and walk away for a few minutes. You probably should replace the filter if it is broke unless the one good filter is large enough to handle the tank. Personally I feel you can't have too much filtration. As for the tank you can wait a day and give the tank time to settle and see if it clears or you can do a 50% WC which wouldn't hurt since you accidently got dirty water back in the tank.

zhuber said:
ok so two weeks ago i conquered ich....
today i decided to do a water change put my carbon back in os i got the water out. Put water back in then i spilled some. Wiped it down i changed the filter media put carbon in then plugged it in only one filter worked. so then i unplugged the one that didnt work and was gonna inspect well when i was taking it off i spilt dirty filter water in my tank. so then i took out 5 more gallons out of my 55 cause its cloudy now. then after all that i wrote this.

Ok, so let the working filter run for at least a day. That may help solve the cloudiness.

Take a little break, watch a show, eat a snack or walk the dog. Then I would do a water test, are you using a master test kit by any chance? If not go buy a liquid test kit later today.

As for the rest of the information you provided, it would help to know the types of filters you use and your water parameters. Maybe the cloudiness has an explanation we can help deduce from there.

Good luck. :)

waters not cloudy anymore still only one filter working and i have a aqua clear 110

Back
Top Bottom