Fowlr tank in a beauty salon??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wings4wheels

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any opinions on putting a fowlr tank in a beauty salon. I am friends with the owner and she wants to have one for the customers to enjoy. They cut and style hair, do nails, tanning, etc. just wondering if I am opening a can of worms installing and maintaining this with the possibility of airborne contaminents.

Thanks in advance

I'd be afraid of some of the products they spray in a salon, like the hairspray, leave-in conditioners, etc. I'm not sure that the other stuff would pose as much of a threat since it isn't sprayed, like the nail chemicals, but you can certainly smell them in the air when you go into a salon. I don't think I would risk it, but I also can't tell you for sure that it wouldn't work since I have never tried it.

Well she had a 55 gallon set up after she bought the place. Things seemed fine until she painted the stairway going upstairs with petroleum based paint, then lost all the fish other than the damsels (of course). I found a used 90 gallon with glass lids that she wants to try. Hard talking her out of it, so maybe if I run plenty of chemipure as a precaution. . .

Back
Top Bottom