Fox face lo dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jones1483

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got home and went to check on my fish. Fix face lo was on his side breathing heavy not moving. He is on his way to death. I moved my rock around in the tank today but he was swimming around when I left. All other fish look fine, any suggestions?

Parameters are ph 8.2 or 8.4 ammonia nitrites 0 nitrates 40 scooped done water out and put him in a bucket just laying on the bottom on his side breathing.

I wouldn't have taken him out that will stress him ALOT MORE. Especially in a tiny bucket with no flow and no filtration.

My mistake I guess. I didn't know what to do if he was sick I wanted to get him out. The way he was acting I wasn't going to be able to keep him alive so I don't think the bucket had anything to do with that. I got lots to learn about this stuff and a QT will be my next investment unless I shut my tank down, btw the fox face was dead thus morning. When u found him in the tank my shrimp was on him. I didn't know shrimp would eat em I thought he was trying to clean him. I figure he was all but dead already just had to let the course be ran.

Back
Top Bottom