frags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
+1 to MrX
When fragging it refers to the cutting and cloning of the "mother colony" it can actually happen in many ways from pieces dropped naturally by the coral to a tear of a foot leaving tissue behind IE mushroom moving ,or sexually with the release of spores that meet and make a smaller coral at some point given conditions are right or at our hand by cutting .
When I fragged the frogspawn I had here I cut off a branch which is a skeleton and mounted it to a plexi stand ... The colony then is returned to my tank and the small clones are sent off to grow into full colnies themselfs ... With mushrooms it is cutting them with 1/2 the mouth on both pieces to forum an new and whole one ...these are placed in a dish with LR to set their foot into ...
In a few weeks the shrooms are attached and mounted in the DT for viewing :D

usually, unless you take it off and mount it to a rock. which, if youre new to this i wouldnt suggest, but if you get a fast growing coral (xenia, my FAVORITE) it will cover that rock before you know it!

others will tell you xenia is annoying and hard to get rid of, but i love it dearly =]

Back
Top Bottom