Freaking Out!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,

I am a very neurotic person, and I should know better considering I have had my 30 gallon long tank for over a year. I got rid of some fish as the year wore on, and I noticed a few months ago that my tank was starting to look VERY empty. At the end of it all I had 9 neon tetras, 4 mollies and a betta (Isabella sadly passed away the other day for reasons I will never understand) Anyway I decided that I wanted to try something new and spruce up my tank by adding some new members. Well I added 5 long finned red minor tetras. They are crazy little buggers to watch and made my tank look good. Then over the course of of a few weeks added two male platys. I noticed PetSmart had a sale, and that's when it happened. I ended up buying 3 black skirt tetras, and and a trio of dwarf gourami, 1 male and 2 females. and as I sat back and looked at my tank I thought holy s@%$ I think I am over crowded! I'm freaking out because I am worried that they don't have enough space to swim around in. Even though they are all only between 1-2 inches long I still feel like I screwed them over. I have a Aquaclear filter that is for tanks that are 40-70 gallons so it overcompensates, but I am still worried. So I ask, am I a horrible fish mommy for what I have done? Everyone has been getting along pretty well. Everyone plays and interacts with each other and I monitor a lot to make sure there is no disagreements. I just want to make sure I do whats best for them. I do weekly water changes religiously of about 50% of the water. Feed once a day. They get meat flakes, veggie algae flakes, and frozen food on a Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom