Free Stuff!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaheli

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, on the classifieds for my local area, there was a free posting for aquarium stuff. I got most of it, but somebody else claimed the perfecto hood (oh darn) and some rock scuptures (double darn). BUT, They did NOT claim the 2 Hagen Aquaclear 802 Powerheads and the 1 Penguin 660 Powerhead. I know they aren't TOP quality, but they work perfect and were FREE. :)

Just thought I would share my score with you guys.

I just placed a call to a guy who listed his 20 gal and equipment for free. Only a 20, but heck, the price is right.

Nice!

Good luck man, I've been having a hard time finding aquarium stuff here in Portland, OR. You have to be ON TOP of it.. Seems like the instant its posted or the paper hits the doorstep, its taken. People act quickly :)

I hope you get it though, that would really kick butt.

I've been having a hard time finding aquarium stuff here in Portland, OR. You have to be ON TOP of it.. Seems like the instant its posted or the paper hits the doorstep, its taken. People act quickly
FWIW and from first hand Experience alot of the stuff is already sold prior to the paper being printed.. I had a G/F a while back that worked for the newspaper and anything that was interesting we would have first Dibs beofre it was printed in the paper... Yes we got alot of stuff.. FYI there are many many people that work for the Oregonian and all of their family it makes it really hard to get a good deal unless they didnt want it already... I sold my 5' Python to the Editor of the Oregonian 3 days prior to the add running..

James

Whoah

I didn't even think about that. That really sucks! :) I should go work for the oregonian. Or not rely on the oregonian for my source of classifieds.. even though it probably is the best.

I should go work for the oregonian.
Theres a good Idea

Or not rely on the oregonian for my source of classifieds.. even though it probably is the best
any Newspaper or Classified add will run the same way.. If you had access to the stuff prior to it printing wouldnt you take advantage of it??

James

hehe

No way! it wouldn't be right.....

HEHE> okay, what am I saying? I would TOTALLY DO IT! :)

I work at blockbuster on the side and I get rentals 1-2weeks before they come out on video. I suppose thats sort of the same thing. :)

ya i work at blockbuster too but getting the movies 1-2 before they come out on rental is really not the same bcause most of the ppl have seen the move when it 1st came out. and the past few months there has not been any good movies.

Back
Top Bottom