FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't atomizer go in line off a canister or powerhead?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think both diffuser and atomizer can be free standing or inline. From what I'm gathering here and google, the atomizer produces finer bubbles, requires higher pressure to operate (30-50 psi), and uses a membrane rather than a ceramic matrix.
Just wondering if the atomizer is a pia to clean. I use h2o2 on the ceramic and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok, so I have an atomizer in the 30l actually, bought it at tropic isle, it has the bubble counter within the chamber, it does require higher pressure, the bubble counter off the solenoid counts 4 bps while the chamber counts 3.. it works fine though, mist is slightly finer than the fluval ceramic diffuser, not night and day though. I got confused with an in line diffuser, that is ultimately what I would like to use.. thinking of trying to rig one up to a maxi-jet..

Ok, so I have an atomizer in the 30l actually, bought it at tropic isle, it has the bubble counter within the chamber, it does require higher pressure, the bubble counter off the solenoid counts 4 bps while the chamber counts 3.. it works fine though, mist is slightly finer than the fluval ceramic diffuser, not night and day though. I got confused with an in line diffuser, that is ultimately what I would like to use.. thinking of trying to rig one up to a maxi-jet..

Cool. Thanks for the response. I would do a DYI reactor but I don't care for the pump/power head in the tank. A 20g long does not have a lot of internal space. Unless I can hide it.

Cool. Thanks for the response. I would do a DYI reactor but I don't care for the pump/power head in the tank. A 20g long does not have a lot of internal space. Unless I can hide it.

Ya, this is why I like you! What if we used a small 50 gph submersible and put it in the ac housing? !?!? It doesn't need to be insane flow, I'd think the slower the better actually.. the pump itself is no bigger than a match box car (sorry kiddies, Google it).. as long as the lines stay level than it will not hinder the flow enough.. I'm all over this!!!

I think a diffuser is less powerful.

My "diffuser" is not great. Some large bubbles come out but many stay small.

GLA is usually good quality so I'd assume that you get more but I don't know how much more.

Ya, this is why I like you! What if we used a small 50 gph submersible and put it in the ac housing? !?!? It doesn't need to be insane flow, I'd think the slower the better actually.. the pump itself is no bigger than a match box car (sorry kiddies, Google it).. as long as the lines stay level than it will not hinder the flow enough.. I'm all over this!!!

Hmmm...I like the possibilities here. The AC50 main chamber is large enough to hold a small pump or powerhead. Water can be pumped into a Rex grigg style reactor with the output going back into AC50. All happening behind the tank. As Sgt Schultz would say "I see nothing!".

I think a diffuser is less powerful.

My "diffuser" is not great. Some large bubbles come out but many stay small.

GLA is usually good quality so I'd assume that you get more but I don't know how much more.

Thanks. The glass/ceramic diffuser does a pretty good job produces small bubbles. Not quite a mist but small.

Hmmm...I like the possibilities here. The AC50 main chamber is large enough to hold a small pump or powerhead. Water can be pumped into a Rex grigg style reactor with the output going back into AC50. All happening behind the tank. As Sgt Schultz would say "I see nothing!".

Yuppers! I'm going to attempt it!!

Yuppers! I'm going to attempt it!!

That's the spirit!
Minimal fish time for me this weekend :( Honey do list includes installing bamboo flooring in a bedroom. It's the snap and click style so it should go pretty quickly. Floor is prepped, walls painted, and will be adding new baseboard when I'm done. In a few weeks it will be repeated in another bedroom. Such fun!

That's the spirit!
Minimal fish time for me this weekend :( Honey do list includes installing bamboo flooring in a bedroom. It's the snap and click style so it should go pretty quickly. Floor is prepped, walls painted, and will be adding new baseboard when I'm done. In a few weeks it will be repeated in another bedroom. Such fun!

Ouch... hit me up if you have any questions;) I too am away from the tanks. Gf ' s coworker gave us her amazing house in the Berkshire ' s for the weekend. Little white water rafting to boot... hot tub wasn't pre heated though, I'm a tad bit disappointed. .

Ouch... hit me up if you have any questions;) I too am away from the tanks. Gf ' s coworker gave us her amazing house in the Berkshire ' s for the weekend. Little white water rafting to boot... hot tub wasn't pre heated though, I'm a tad bit disappointed. .

Haha what a co incidence, berkshire happens to be the county im from in England

Brookster, that sounds like fun. I should get out of the house more.
Change of plans. I read the fine print and the flooring needs to sit out of the boxes for a minimum of 72 hours. That will push it out until Tuesday.
Maybe some fish time this weekend. Nothing much, just trimming the star repens and AR mini. I might post an RAOK or "pay for shipping only" deal in the classifieds. Else the trimmings will go in the pond or trash.
So...I just posted some short videos. Here's the first one. Still new at YouTube stuff. For music I picked from the YouTube selections.
This is the tank with both Finnex fixtures running from last month. Pearling like soda water. Enjoy: http://youtu.be/KcapSKJPmWA

Ahh yes... flooring needs ample time to acclimate to the operating temperature of the house it's to be installed in.. good call!! I can only hope my stars look that great!! I've yet to see the mega bubble bash like that. Looks amazing

Thanks guys! Things seem taller in a PAR friendly shallow tank. That video was from a month ago right after I got the new DC. The wallichii is red and has several stems at the surface and the pogo is really filling out. I started dosing excel and any BBA or Staghorn left in the tank has turn pink. I did find two pond snails in there from some plants I got a few months ago. Brookster, you should be fine with your team if assassin snails.
Even though we are not doing the floor install today, we did dry fit some things, tested out my skill with a hammer and tapping block and we decided on the stagger pattern. I also need to get baseboards, wall spacers, and felt pads for the furniture. So, not as much fish time today after all. :(

Haha what a co incidence, berkshire happens to be the county im from in England

And we even took the mini!!! I'll tell ya.. type S is the way to go sk3lly;)

Thanks guys! Things seem taller in a PAR friendly shallow tank. That video was from a month ago right after I got the new DC. The wallichii is red and has several stems at the surface and the pogo is really filling out. I started dosing excel and any BBA or Staghorn left in the tank has turn pink. I did find two pond snails in there from some plants I got a few months ago. Brookster, you should be fine with your team if assassin snails.
Even though we are not doing the floor install today, we did dry fit some things, tested out my skill with a hammer and tapping block and we decided on the stagger pattern. I also need to get baseboards, wall spacers, and felt pads for the furniture. So, not as much fish time today after all. :(

Man.. i dose metricide like a boss and nothing turns pink, i have some mutated strain of algae or something... i actually did not put assassins in the 30l. I like the mts and ponds in there, if the pop explodes I do have the barracks ready to go. If you need a few assassins let me know, I have about 7 sitting in a bucket needing a new home..

And we even took the mini!!! I'll tell ya.. type S is the way to go sk3lly;)

No way buddy its gotta be the classic mini all the way!!

Looking sweet Fresh. Things look like they are progressing nicely

Sweet video and great music. Everything thing is coming along great, I can only hope my s.repens come out as good as yours.

Back
Top Bottom