Freshwater Stingrays : Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proud2bcanadian

Aquarium Advice Newbie
okay, i think that i'll be getting two small motoro rays and two florida gars.

Equipment :

***120-gallon Tank 60'' x 18'' x 26''***

***TETRA TEC PF 500 FILTER***
FOR A HEALTHIER AQUARIUM, TRY TETRATEC POWER FILTERS. THE LIVING FILTER CHAMBER ALTERNATELY FILLS AND DRAINS, COMPLETELY SUBMERGING THE THREE-DIMENSIONAL BIO FOAM MEDIA AND THEN EXPOSING IT TO OXYGEN-RICH AIR. AS THE WATER FILLS THE CHAMBER, 100% OF THE AQUARIUM WATER IS FORCED THROUGH THE MEDIA, RESULTING IN AN INCREASED CONTACT TIME BETWEEN THE BENEFICIAL BACTERIA AND ANY TOXINS. WHEN THE WATER LEAVES THE CHAMBER, THE FILTER EXPOSES MORE BIOLOGICAL SURFACE AREA TO THE AIR THAN ANY OTHER POWER FILTER. THE RESULT IS HEALTHY, BIOLOGICALLY BALANCED WATER.

***2 AQUACLEAR POWERHEADS #402 W/REVERSE FLOW***
OUTPUT WITHOUT AIR: 270 U.S. GAL. (1022 L) / HOUR- OUTPUT WITH AIR: 250 U.S. GAL (946 L) / HOUR- REVERSE FLOW: 125 U.S. GAL. (662 L) / HOUR- RECOMMENDED AQUARIUM (1 PH) 50 U.S. GAL. - (2 PH) 100 U.S. GAL.- ADDING A POWERHEAD TO AN UNDERGRAVEL SYSTEM INC

***Rena Air Pump 400***
POWERFUL, YET SO SILENT THAT THEY CAN BE USED IN ANY ROOM OF THE HOUSE, EVEN BEDROOMS! * POWERFUL - RENA AIR'S POWERFUL MOTOR MAINTAINS OPTIMUM AIR FLOW, EVEN IN THE DEEPEST AQUARIUMS! * SILENT - CAN BE USED EVEN IN THE MOST SOUND-SENSITIVE ENVIRONMENTS. * MODERN SLEEK DESIGN - FITS IN WITH ANY ROOM DECOR. * AIR FLOW FEATURE - RATE CAN BE EASILY ADJUSTED. * ELECTRICAL STANDARDS - UL AND CUL APPROVED

is there anything elso that i need?

thanks,

the motoro stingrays are around 5-8 inches in diameter and the florida gars are around 10-15 inches long

the florida gars are surface dwellers and the eat live food too

the store accepts any stingray that has outgrown the tank that you have, and will replace it with a smaller one with around 100 dollars back (CDN)...

thanks,

WOW! that is a great lfs you have!
Nice to hear of a store that happily accepts monster fish that have outgrown your ability to house them. There must be a strong market for really big FW rays near you.

does anyone have a

TETRA TEC PF 500 FILTER??
http://www.tetra-fish.com/tour/virtualtour.html

does the filter come with the heater attached inside??

if not, would a 300-watt heater be okay?

***MARINELAND DUAL TEMP 300 WATT HEATER***
MARINELAND HAS REINVENTED THE AQUARIUM HEATER. WATER-CALIBRATED TO ENSURE PRECISE AND ACCURATE TEMPERATURE SELECTION, THE DUAL-TEMP PRECISION AQUARIUM HEATER COMBINES THE SIMPLICITY OF A PRESET HEATER WITH THE VERSATILITY OF AN ADJUSTABLE HEATER. SELECT YOUR TEMPERATURE AND GO...NO GUESSWORK, NO CONSTANT ADJUSTMENT, NO PROBLEM. WITH DUAL THERMOSTATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL, YOU SIMPLY CHOOSE THE RIGHT SETTING FOR YOUR SITUATION. NORMAL (76ºF) IS PERFECT FOR MOST TROPICAL FISH. HIGH (82ºF) IS FOR WARMER WATER SPECIES OR IDEAL FOR ACHIEVING OPTIMAL RESULTS WITH SOME MEDICATIONS. THERE'S A DUAL-TEMP FOR EVERY AQUARIUM - FRESHWATER OR MARINE. IT IS, QUITE SIMPLY, THE MOST DEPENDABLE, THE MOST MISTAKE-PROOF, THE MOST ADVANCED AQUARIUM HEATER AVAILABLE TODAY.

You may want to post what you're looking for in the classified section of the forum.

im not looking for a filter, im just looking to see if anyone has one in their aquariums. because i just need to know if they have heaters already inside them...

thanks, and sorry for the confusion...

lol...

okay, i called their customer service line and they told me that you have to buy the heater 'insert' separately... i should have guessed :roll: lol

dont forget, i still have the questions listed above...

thanks...

proud2bcanadian...

I've got a TetraTec filter on my 26 gallon and have, in general, been VERY pleased with it. Mine is the 150 but it works on the same principle at the 500. I also bought the heater insert and it works great! Having the heater integrated into the filter means that the water in the tank is pretty much the same temperature throughout rather than having a 'hot spot' near the heater. In addition, I don't have to worry about any of my fish getting trapped behind the heater (and I don't have an unsightly heater to try to hide).

Fruitbat said:
Having the heater integrated into the filter means that the water in the tank is pretty much the same temperature throughout rather than having a 'hot spot' near the heater. In addition, I don't have to worry about any of my fish getting trapped behind the heater (and I don't have an unsightly heater to try to hide).

Dang, that's pretty sweet.

Back
Top Bottom