freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe a bubbled would help with gas exchange, good solid surface agitation works best though:) then again there's other mitigating factors to that as well.

coffeetwitch said:
im lost on the concept of gass exchange. ive asked several times in both of my builds and still dont get the rules of it.

Carbon dioxide leaving the water and bringing in oxygen. Usually if ur water is rippling at top, your good. With your ph's, u will be fine...

How about adding a bubbler in sump? Wouldn't that help?
Got my DT surface rippling but pH still suxx

Bubblers cause the water to splash creating salt creep. I think power heads and an overflow cause enough oxygenation to the water. Also algae in a refugium takes up co2 and puts in oxygen.

slitherbomb said:
Bubblers cause the water to splash creating salt creep. I think power heads and an overflow cause enough oxygenation to the water. Also algae in a refugium takes up co2 and puts in oxygen.

Got all that... Don't understand why pH is dropping on me like that

unicorn:

if i was doing this i see two options.
a)wait it out.
2)i would do a massive water change.<----- i would do this first. i have done this to my fw and i had to do it 2 or 3 times just so i could read nitrites being anything other than off the charts, please consider this option.

Well, due to work and school I'm forced to wait out anyways. Will do water change on Saturday then. Let u know how it goes

General rule is 1-3 watts per gallon so yes:) and just because you have sufficent surface disturbance doesn't neccesarily mean you wont have ph problems.

huma-huma said:
General rule is 1-3 watts per gallon so yes:) and just because you have sufficent surface disturbance doesn't neccesarily mean you wont have ph problems.

Amen to that..... I had to boost mine. Used seachem reef pH booster. Worked great. Went from 7.9 to 8.2. Plus you can't overdose.

Kio707 said:
Amen to that..... I had to boost mine. Used seachem reef pH booster. Worked great. Went from 7.9 to 8.2. Plus you can't overdose.

What about alkalinity though?! That should be rising as well ad mine is already high by now

seems the two teeter on each other. unicorn. maybe looking at the low pH is the symptom. what would happen id you brought your alk down? pH go up?

coffeetwitch said:
seems the two teeter on each other. unicorn. maybe looking at the low pH is the symptom. what would happen id you brought your alk down? pH go up?

Already tried that ;) all went down, ph slightly went down but mostly stayed low around 7.8

coffeetwitch said:
cant sweety pie do the water change?

Hahahaha ur funny ROFLMAO
..... no

He prolly could, and it's not like I don't trust him... But.... No

Same way as he won't let me dust off his miniature world war II tank collection ;)

coffeetwitch said:
ha interesting.

reefcleaners cuc showed up and slowly moving. very slowly.

What u mean by slowly? They are prolly just stressed. How about the amount? Alot?

Back
Top Bottom