Frogspawn help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got a small frogspawn not too long ago, and had it in a BC14 and within 3 hours of putting it in the BC14 it opened up and was very nice looking.
Put it in my 2h tank and 2 days later its still all closed and not so nice looking. My yellow colony polyps have been in my 20h for almost a year and they recently just started to get all small and such as well. My acan hasnt grown or shrunk, my zoas are big bright and vivid. Can anyone explain what could be wrong?
Have a skimmer, reactor, 2 powerheads and an oversize hang on back filter stuffed with chemi pure, waterchanged done weekly/biweekly with caribsea seapure water, only one small clownfish inside. Water parameters test perfect, and trace elements are always Replenished via waterchanges...
Hmmmmm

I'd guess that it's just pissed off right now. I have little experience but I know that's a possibility. If give it some time, check on it in the middle of the night, be really quiet when approaching the tank and don't turn on any bright lights. Use some kind of red light to see it ( try a red plastic soda bottle over a flashlight if you can) less likely to disrupt them. If it's still closed up I'm unsure. If someone says something else, listen to what they say rather than what I just said, they are probably more familiar with frogspawn behavior than I am :)
I'm getting my first coral, frogspawn, this weekend, my fav coral in the hobby so far. I can't wait for mine! A buddy is giving me a $70 piece for $20! Good luck and hope everything smooths. Out for you!

Do you know your alkalinity? I've seen corals get pissed if it fluctuates to heavily

Thanks guys

And i dont know it off hand
Get my water tested monthly at a shop nearby.
I only test ammonia nitrite nitrate at home
But im assuming the alk would be fine becaise i do my water changes with good quality water bi weekly
One fish in a 20g with biweekly waterchanges has worked fine forever

Only recently this has happened
Maybe thats the problem but i dont understand how that could happen sp suddenly

You'd be surprised how quickly things can happen in your water.
I too am unsure why but I think he is just really unhappy with the movements.

All my euphyllia get super pissed off when my alk is out of whack. I would check that first, water changes or not there can still be a fair amount of fluctuation.

Alright
Got a test and turns out my alk, cal, and magneasium are wayyyy off the charts high!
Aparently caribsea seapure wateris known for having high levels of these parameters

Disregaurd this message
Aparently the kit used was expired and wasnt correct
Im ok i think its just the placement of my coral

Back
Top Bottom