Frozen brine shrimp...an idiot question, I know...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

figliaperduta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just acquired a package of frozen brine shrimp for my betta (male, crown-tail, and he is GORGEOUS). But I am something of an idiot, and so how do you go about feeding it to the fish who is smaller than the cubes are?

Do you thaw it? Cut it?

*baffled*

thaw it out in a little cup of water and pour that into the tank.... bon apetite!

Cut a small portion of the cube then place that small portion in a cup of tank water to thaw and then add to the tank. The whole cubes are to much and will only pollute your tank with uneaten food ......... unless you have other fish you didn't mention.

be very careful when you feed that stuff you can pollute a tank fast. Try red worms as well, Bettas love them.

I bought some for my Betta also and never knew how to feed it to him, so it remained in my freezer! For every question there are others that don't know either

I don't want to pollute my Betta tank, so I will wait to give it to him when I move him over to my community tank with a filter.

thank you

I thaw out the brine shrimp then I use a plastic spoon to grab one brine shrimp at a time. My Crowntail only eats about five shrimp; I feed the rest of the cube to my 2 community tanks.

i was going to add.. if you have other tanks you can thaw the entire cube and feed a few to the betta and dump the rest in your other tanks. I feed Frozen brine shrimp and frozen blood worms. About 2 times a week i pick one or the other and thaw out ONE cube and pour some in my 10 gallon and the rest into the 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom