Frustrated! Going out to buy a Q-tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I bought 2 fish over the fourth of July holiday, I got home today and looked into my 5 gallon planted tank, and notice that they had ich on them, not only was it on them but on both of my guppies. So now I am gonna have to raise my temperatures to get rid of it. I think I've learned my lesson, especially on my 55 gallon tank. I am going out tonight and picking up a Q-tank, and from now on I will be putting all new fish in there so I can observe them and not have them contaminate my other tanks. I guess you live and learn! On a good note, I just got my Stimulus check yesterday. :) I just hope my boyfriend won't get mad at me for buying another fish tank. :rolleyes: I think a small 5 gallon will do.

Sorry to hear about the ick. That's a pain. If it were me, I think I'd use the existing 5g as the QT tank, and buy a much larger one to turn into a nice, big planted tank :)

MTS is wonderful, isn't it?!

Sorry to hear about the ick. That's a pain. If it were me, I think I'd use the existing 5g as the QT tank, and buy a much larger one to turn into a nice, big planted tank :)

MTS is wonderful, isn't it?!

OMG, putting thoughts in my head aren't good. I might do that......:crazyeyes:

I agree that is the best solution. I would keep the 5 gal as a QT and get a 75 at least for another planted tank. Quite often you can get fantastic deals on used tanks. :wink:

I agree that is the best solution. I would keep the 5 gal as a QT and get a 75 at least for another planted tank. Quite often you can get fantastic deals on used tanks. :wink:

I've got a 55 gallon tank right now. If I could I would fit a 75 gallon tank in. :( but I don't have the room.

Raise the temps, make sure you have adequate aeration, and add Quick Cure...that's always worked for me. The formalin seems to do the trick rather quickly.

I'd go with at least a 10 gallon tank for a QT tank. There isn't much price difference between a 5 gallon and a 10 gallon tank pricewise but there is a huge difference when it comes to what you can put in there to begin with. Also, most meds are based on a 10 gallon tank which makes it more convenient for you to dose.

BTW, a 75 gallon tank is only 5 inches deeper than a 55...there's always room.

Back
Top Bottom