frustrated!!! longest cycle EVERRRR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was looking over this just now and had a few questions. As it states in option one, I would leave ammo at zero for 24 hours before dosing again. Would that not starve off any BB I do have in there?
I've been thinking about doing a fish in cycle from here but I'm not sure if I could keep up with the water changes every day or so... My python broke so its even harder now. But idk, I was thinking of just getting some neon tetras to try to cycle it, then when I'm finished with them I'll put them in my main tank for the rope fish.

Nope, BB won't starve after just one day; it would have to be starved of ammonia for a good week or so. I suggested skipping ammo for one day and then dosing less and increasing slowly to let the bacteria catch up again. Sometimes that works.

It's hard to say for sure but you've been cycling for a while and you were processing some ammonia at some point; a light fish load shouldn't put out that much ammonia and your tank should be able to handle it as long as you don't go overboard. I can't promise though. What fish were you planning for this tank?

I wanted a couple schools of tetras and either a pair of gbrs or a dg and a pleco and some snails. That reminds me, do gbrs have to be in a male female pair? Can you keep two males together?

You could try adding one of the tetra schools and see what happens. I doubt you'll be scrambling to do water changes but....it isn't an exact science lol I have the Aqueon water changer (like the Python but a cheaper version); works really well for me. Should make water changes easier if you have to do some extra ones if you get fish. I believe two male GBRs should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom