Fuge questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a fuge in my sump. Do I need to put a filter pad after the fuge or should I leave it open? I get some extra macro in my pumps. And some nastiness that goes back into my tank..

I run a large pore filter on mine to keep things from getting pulled into the return pump, saved the life of my new yellow watchmen goby who took a ride down the overflow just a couple days ago.

I'm trying to find something like that.. I have blue pad in there now and my water is almost backing up. Going over the wall

You want things to be pulled into the return pump. Especially pods. Nothing after the refugium. If you are having a problem with fish down there, correct that from before the refugium.

I find that a ton of pods "live"in the filter I'm using. Every time I clean or replace my filter media there I shake it out and let the pods take a ride into the display. Also helps to collect the larger bits of ulva that break off my main growth so I can decide when to pitch them in and let the tang and rabbitfish fight over them

Back
Top Bottom