Fungus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minotaur

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Angle fish has developed some fungus in three or four places. I bought Jungle Fungus Clear tablets and put them in the tank after I took out the carbon filter.

My question is; how long do I wait before I put the carbon filter back into the tank? The instructions are not very clear, they just say to wait 4 days and do a 25% pwc before doing a second does...if needed.

Attachments

• angelfungus.jpg
    angelfungus.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 93
If you need to do a second dose, then follow the directions as they suggest. Do a 25% PWC on the fourth day, and add the second dose. Let that dose work for another four days, then do another water change, and then add the carbon back in to remove the rest of the meds. If you don't think you need a second dose, then on the fourth day, I would still do a PWC before adding the carbon back into the filter.

Keep an eye on your parameters also. Sometimes fungus meds have an antibiotic in them to help prevent secondary infections, and antibiobics may cause a slight ammonia spike.

OK, i followed the instructions for the fungus meds. I dosed once; waited 4 days, and the angel still had the grey/white spots. I did a 25% pwc, and dosed again. It is 4 days later and the angel still has the spots.

My water conditions are excellent, I took out the carbon filter, and followed the directions to a T.

I did another pwc, put my carbon filter back in, raised the temp slightly and added some freshwater salt today.

The angel is not acting like his normal self. He comes to the glass when I get near, and when I feed he acts like he is going to eat, but then he does not eat.

Any suggestions

Attachments

• dsc00141.jpg
    dsc00141.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 73
One of my silver Dollars had fungus. Jungle Fungus Clear did not do it, so bought Maroxy by Mardel. Finished the 5 day med 4 days ago. So far all seems well with the Silver Dollar. Had fungus all over it poor thing! Hope this helps!!

potassium permanganate and 3% salt works well against epistylis fungus, if its columnaris I've had excellent results with furazone green.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom