Future fish owner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

opo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I'm looking to buy a 10 gallong tank with 3 Red minors, 2 Glofish, and a snail. I was wondering if I could keep a ghost shrimp too, without overloading the tank or anything eating anything. Also, please say if any of those animals breed in captivity, as I'd rather they don't.
:thanks:

opo said:
Hi I'm looking to buy a 10 gallong tank with 3 Red minors, 2 Glofish, and a snail. I was wondering if I could keep a ghost shrimp too, without overloading the tank or anything eating anything. Also, please say if any of those animals breed in captivity, as I'd rather they don't.
:thanks:

Hello! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but. The red minors And glofish are schooling fish. Glofish are danios and they need a 20 gallon minimum. The tetras will also need a 20 gallon. If your looking for a colourful schooling fish you could look into ember tetras or chilli Rasboras. With these you could add some cool shrimp and snails! Or you could look into killifish . They are small and colourful.

Reactions: opo
Endler's live bearers are cool and colorful fish well suited for life in a ten gallon aquarium.

I second the advice on endlers. There easy and small, so you could easily have a ton in a 10g with good filter
There also colorful and fun to watch. But only get males if you dont want a ton of babies. I already have a ton -o- babies after my first batch

Hello! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but. The red minors And glofish are schooling fish. Glofish are danios and they need a 20 gallon minimum. The tetras will also need a 20 gallon. If your looking for a colourful schooling fish you could look into ember tetras or chilli Rasboras. With these you could add some cool shrimp and snails! Or you could look into killifish . They are small and colourful.
Where would I buy these? I can't find them at petsmart, so should I look into local breeders? Also, according to my research, it seems they are top dwellers. Any middle dwellers that are similer? Maybe neon tetras?
:thanks:Again

Neons are small but active and a larger tank is usually recommended for them. You could do some nano fish like ember tetra, celestial pearl danio or chili rasbora; they'll stay mid-bottom.

Sure, as far as I know they do great together and the embers are so tiny I don't see them ever harassing the shrimp. :)

Are embers the same as chilis? I always get them confused
Edit: just ready previous posts, nvr mind excuse my lazyness :)

I have nine embers in my ten so I think somewhere around that number would be good. You may even be able to do a little more. As far as shrimp I think about 15-20 RCS should work fine to get a colony started. :)

Back
Top Bottom