Future tank stocking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EthanBeltramo

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tanks ammonia is finally settling thanks to many water changes. I am trying to make a nice stock list for my aqueon 36 bowfront with a fluval Aqua clear 70. I plan on starting to add fish in a week. I defiantly want angelfish. After all I get them free. I wanted five, way overstocked, so was going to get two but research showed they would pair up and fight the other fish. After more research, I created this list. After time I will increase my tetra and catfish shoals. My only main concerns are the angel being alone and it living with the gourami. Here is the list.
-5 bleeding heart tetras
-5 Julii or other cory cats
-1 angel fish
-1 pearl or honey gourami(2 if possible)
Aqadvisor says I am 86% stocked. Please leave some suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I am returning my petco bought angel for a private bread one that should be healthier.ni also forgot to ask about two Angels.

Anyone? Just looking to see if this would work

It's almost been a week. Pickinfish up soon!

I have the same 36 gallon bowfront and filter. I stocked mine with
-3 Imperial dwarf gourami
-4 Cories
-Whiptail pleco
-2 Bamboo shrimp
-2 bumble bee goby
-6 blue velvet shrimp

Since I regularly maintain my tank I could add in a small school of neon tetra or another type of small schooling fish.

I would suggest getting at least 3 gourami if you do get some. They can be aggressive with each other if there is only 2, if there is 3 or more an order will be formed and less aggressive behavior. However, even with 2 gourami it all depends on the personality of the two, they could be fine with each other.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom