FWIW im done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, i had a fish with ich it died. I noticed i had another with white spots, waited a few days cause i thought maybe i was overreacting. Turns out the fish had Ich. Started treatment, treated for 11 days ( it said 10) (11 to be safe). The fish is ich free and its been 2 weeks since i stopped the treatment. So IMO, it worked.

There really is no full-proof way of treating an animal without subjecting it to proper qt procedures. Remember, disease and parasites are tough lil buggers and not always eliminated the first time around so you must be patient, yet persistent. Granted hyposalinity has its positives, but it also has a major negative which is allowing a broader and more aggressive range of disease and parasites to infect your fish...Ich is usually the last thing I worry about since it is usually so easily treatable, but in your case re-qt is the correct approach without cutting corners.

*Microb-Lift is just an immune system enhancer, much like garlic. You can try it, but I wouldn't place any bets and especially if using garlic is much more inexpensive.

Well there wasnt an increase of white dots over the last week so maybe it isnt anything. I think I only see white dots one 2 fish but its only 1 or 3 on both. It may be ich or just my imagination. Ill try garlic and other things to help their immune systems, but if ich comes back with a vengence, ill cross that bridge when it comes.

Back
Top Bottom