Galaxy Rasbora aka Celestial Pearl Danio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

damman6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I love how these fish look! I'd really love to get a few to add to my smallfish community tank. Petsmart said they will order some for their next shipment. Hope they get them in :).

Anybody have a good, updated, article or news about these guys? I'd like to read some more about them before bringing them home. But most of the web has the same few identical paraghaphs about them.

Any personal experiance with these guys?

Attachments

• Galaxy Rasbora from web.jpg
    Galaxy Rasbora from web.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 311
damman6 said:
I love how these fish look! I'd really love to get a few to add to my smallfish community tank. Petsmart said they will order some for their next shipment. Hope they get them in :).

Anybody have a good, updated, article or news about these guys? I'd like to read some more about them before bringing them home. But most of the web has the same few identical paraghaphs about them.

Don't know anything about them, but I'm intrigued. That is a unique fish for sure!

damman6 said:

I've had a small school of them in my Edge for a few months now. They are fun, active fish, once they get over an initial shyness which lasted a few weeks for me. After that, though, they're always out and they are generally school together quite well. Other than that,move noticed that they got happier after I planted their tank and spent a lot of time swimming in and out of the leaves and stalks. They are very small, though, so you have to look closely to see their beautiful markings and they show up very well against a dark substrate. They have a tendency to disappear against any multicolored, gravelly substrate. Good luck with them, though, post some pics when they come in.

I'm wishing I had a darker substrate. The video has black and makes them really stand out nicely! Cool video by the way.

Yeah I asked the clerk at petsmart and she said they have had them before and would order them for me. Hope they do get em!

That's awesome, do you remember how much they were? I might see if my local one can stock them also. I've seen them on the wholesale lists but don't know which one Petsmart goes through.

Oh no, it was PetCo that said they'd order them, sorry:confused:. we have one of each nearby. The PetCo people said they would be in the $5 range, was her guess. :confused:

I have CPDs. I got mine from a group buy my Club did. $1 or $2 each can't remember :)
They like lots of plants. Floating plants can help them feel more secure. Same sized tank mates also. I have Threadfin Rainbows with mine.

My males almost glow and the females are really pretty also. Love Mine !!

Great looking tank Coursair. Love all the plants! The galaxy's realy do glow.. I cant wait!

Thank you, I love this tank :)

Just remember they can be really shy fish for some people. Densely planted tanks help and also similar sized tank mates and "dither fish" bolder, not shy fish to say "hey it's ok" :) My Threadfins and Cories are always out and about and it helps my CPDs feel safer I think. Plus the Shrimp cruise around.

Back
Top Bottom