Gar not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm having problems getting him to eat I managed to get him to eat a cricket the 1st day but since then nothing! The shop said he was feeding well on prawns but he won't even take them, he looks healthy and swims well checked the the levels today and same as always

Amo 0
NitrIte 0
NitrAte 20ppm ( due a water change but don't want to stress him anymore)
Ph 7.2
Temp 82

Like I said he seems healthy and is nice and fat so am I just worrying over nothing?

Thanks in advance

Yep and he didn't want to know :( I have tried dead fish, crickets, shrimp, live shrimp,live worms and hikari cichlid gold and hikari floating predator sticks and still nothing! Sometimes he comes up and has a look but then swims away.

Just getting used to new environment. Put a few feeders in there, bet they disappear at night;)

The problem with that is that he is in quarantine with a snakehead ATM and I dunno if he would get the chance lol

I guess I will have to move the channa to his own tank earlier than planned and try the feeder method. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom