garlic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kidding 8) , The antioxidants are good for the fish, plus garlic guard adds vitamin C to their product which is also good for the animals.
It can help spur a feeding response in new fish that refuse to eat and there is some evidence that it may help keep parasites off of a fish to a certain degree.

oh I would have bought the vampire answer. I however, do appreciate your second answer. I still have tons to learn. Thanks!

Put flake food or some thawed and rinsed frozen food in a couple drops of garlic and let is sit there. At about 10 minutes, I mix it around a bit, then around 20 minutes I put it in the tank.

Seems like any food can absorb liquid in a matter of a few seconds. I've been doing mine for as long as the frozen Ocean Nutrition Formula one or Two takes to thaw. I make sure I can much it up with my handy plastic spoon, drain any tiny excess and feed.

Otherwise Ocean Nutrician pellets have garlic already in it. Might try that too for a change.

But they're right. The fish go crazy. Shrimp come runnning out from behind the rocks. I've seen my hermits appear to leap off the rocks to get the garlic soaked foods. Now that part is funny. :lol:

I crush my own garlic pods to soak the food in. Is it ok for excess garlic juice to go into the tank? I soak the Formula one pellets in the garlic juice then just pour the whole mixture into the tank.

I may be a little different but I put 2-3 cubes of mysis/brine into a cup, let it thaw in the refrig and then mix selcon, vitamin C, Zoe and garlic. I dont use all of the cubes at once so I just put it back in the refrig until the next feeding. This way you only have to mix ever so often...been doing it for 3 years and no side effects.

...except for a stinky fridge. My wife HATES the smell of the garlic/zoe/zoecon mix. The first time I did it...she grabbed the bowl out of the fridge with no idea what it was...took a wif....and the bowl hit the floor.

Well I understand that. What I do to get around that is put the food in a cup and when I am done feeding then I put a baggie over the mouth of the cup and then a rubber band to hold the baggie tightly over the cup....helps a lot! Keeps the wife and kid happy!!

Back
Top Bottom