GarlicGuard or Garlic Xtreme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Which is better ? By seachem or kent. Need it for finicky eaters and help with ICK. Builds immune system...... The seachem one also recommends focus and metrocondizole for ICK ?

bkiggy said:
Which is better ? By seachem or kent. Need it for finicky eaters and help with ICK. Builds immune system...... The seachem one also recommends focus and metrocondizole for ICK ?

Have you tried NLS Thera A? Even my most picky fish will eat that. I also have some of this, the ingredients list garlic but I'm sure it's not as much as Thera A has. Good luck!

Attachments

• image-1364133993.jpg
    image-1364133993.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 110
I don't use garlic supplements other than what is in NLS Thera+A, but I don't expect that there would be much difference between the Kent and Seachem brands.

I have heard of it. I don't remember seeing it at any retailers or speciality aquarium store?? Online?
Is it good for immune system and nutrition?

Looked it up and it is made by Spectrum !! So can all fish eat it? I have a dwarf puffer, syno, catfish, Cory, upside down cat, angel, elephant nose
- the syno has ICK - no one else

Looked it up and it is made by Spectrum !! So can all fish eat it? I have a dwarf puffer, syno, catfish, Cory, upside down cat, angel, elephant nose
- the syno has ICK - no one else

If I had to guess (and this is just a guess), I would say that your dwarf puffer and elephant nose will probably turn their noses up at any prepared foods. They often accept only live foods, at least until you train them onto frozen. Your syno, Cory, upside down cat, and angel will almost certainly nom nom nom. :)

That said, NLS Thera+A alone will not treat ich. You can use the heat/salt method, or meds, or whatever, but the ich will almost certainly not go away without some kind of intervention other than dietary.

Can you tell us some more about your tank(s)? Are these all in the same tank? Do you have water testing results for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

10 gallon tank for DP and Syno. Ammonia 2, Nitrites 0, Nitrates barely 5. Syno has ICK
40 gallon tank for angel, elephant nose, cat, usd cat, Cory Ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 10
Healthy

Back
Top Bottom