Gbr and nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so I recently acquired a pair of gbr for my 55 gallon. As some of you may already know I like my tanks heavily stocked and my 55 is rather heavily stocked. I currently aim to keep my nitrates under 20. I would simply like to know at what level they are dangerous for gbrs.

This should be more of a global point of view(exept for sensitive fish such as discus,ect...).
Under 20 is safe. Some say 40, I would rather keep it at around 10, never exceeding 20, as it could start having effects on the fish. So you should aim for 0-15.

It really depends on what the rams are used too. Which is impossible to know unless you contact the breeder. So, I would shoot for under 20ppm with 20ppm starting your danger/worry zone.

I don't think there's an exact level of nitrates that would be dangerous but I believe they would do best in less than 20ppm nitrates, 10ppm is probably better. I would think that anything above 20 would be risky depending on the fish

Back
Top Bottom