GBR... pregnant or bloated?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought two GBR fry a while ago and they are getting pretty big.They are about an inch and a half long now. One of them has a huge belly. I think it's a female... I will get a picture soon. I was just wondering if you think it is pregnant or bloated. Thanks.

Here he/she is. If it is bloated, how should I treat it? I have aquarium salt.

Does anyone know? It would really bum me out if that one died because these are the only two I could find anywhere. I had been looking for over 6 months!

I'm no expert but you can see a little link like she's full of eggs or something, don't know for sure though

As I mentioned in chat, I think the fish is likely bloated. It's hard to tell when the fish is faded out from stress. Normally when a fish is gravid, it is also colored up vividly. It's pretty easy to start narrowing it down, fasting for a few days and feeding peas would be my first step.

I think she is bloated. When I put her back in the tank she started pooping a lot though, so I think she will be ok. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom