Gbr's hatching!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I discovered fry today from my pair...I read they may eat their 1st couple batches but should soon catch on to parenting....my young parents have definitely been eating their 1st batch...:-(

Mine bred the day after I got them and they ate the eggs. Ever since then they have been really good parents and haven't eaten any. I moved the eggs to a separate tank and they are now hatching! They bred a total of three times now.Good luck with yours!

Small small foods for the first week (green water/micro worms) then baby brine shrimp. Keep up with the water changes.

I discovered fry today from my pair...I read they may eat their 1st couple batches but should soon catch on to parenting....my young parents have definitely been eating their 1st batch...:-(

Give my cichlids about 6 batches. If they don't get it right by then I will repair them or get rid of them for something else.

DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED BY THEM EATING A FEW BATCHES!

All the fry have hatched! My LFS doesn't carry microworms. How long until they are free swimming? When do I start feeding them?

Iirc should be 2-3 days before they are free swimming.

Google how to make green water.

Or throw in a few clumps of java moss from an established tank if you have any.

I have a HUGE clump of java moss in my betta tank. They can find food in it? I also have Hikari first bites from previous breeding projects. Will they eat that?

Yeah try it, worse that's gonna happen is they you will loose the spawn. Try again next month IMO.

Well I hope I dont because my LFS offered to buy them! They are selling theirs for $20 each! I don't mean to count my chickens before they hatch but what would be a reasonable price to sell them for?

Lucky, all lfs here just give store credit for some fish. And any that they pay for are under 10¢. Ex A panduro, A hongsoli. Worth 20-40 bucks a pair and your going to give me a buck for 10 of em? Yeah ok sounds great to me. That wouldn't even cover the cost of fuel to get to the store!

You can also check out if there is a local fish club near your area. And there is always Craigslist.

Seriously! 10cents! That's such a ripoff! What state do you live in?

You can also check out if there is a local fish club near your area. And there is always Craigslist.

Lfc is good for buys. Most stuff goes for under 5 bucks.

CL from my exp is just a bunch of tire kickers. "I'll be there at 3" 430 roles around... Or they show up and say something along the lines of "well it's not really what I want. Will you take 1$ for your 200$ item?" Or the add would say something doesn't work like old cell phone... "I didn't know it didn't work, can I have it for free?"

No patience for that stuff.

Will try aquabid in the next year or so. After building stock.

Back
Top Bottom