GBRs ! ! !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
I finally got a pair of German Blue Rams. (Petco $6.99 each) First day was a bit tense. My dwarf gourami was chasing them a lot. Now, after few days it settled down and now everyone is chasing everyone, especially during feeding time. Otherwise GBRs and DG get along just fine. I am very happy to have them.

Attachments

• _MG_0236.jpg
    _MG_0236.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 142
  • _MG_0266.jpg
    _MG_0266.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 139
  • _MG_0273.jpg
    _MG_0273.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 118
Stunning fish! I was thinking of getting some of these....and that has made my mind up! I was worried how my dwarf gourami would react.

EMAN12 said:
Do they do fine with zebra danios and bettas?

They definitely Do Not go with Betta! Zebra danios are fine.

animalzrok2 said:
PETCO SELLS THEM???!!!! yes!!!!

Not every petco ! The one I got them is newly open and they are trying their best. As usual staff is not very knowledgable, besides fish dept. manager who knows a bit more than others. I went there once to buy GBRs. Woman asked me what type of fish they gonna be housed with. After I told her she refused to sell to me. So I went next week and told her that they will be with other dwarf cichlids (not true) so she let me buy them. Well, she claim to have tank with dwarf cichlids on her own, but what she didn't know is that most dwarf cichlids are peaceful and can live with community fish.

i had rams with my betta and it worked out fine depends on your individual fish, just have a backup plan if you decide to do it.

BHead707 said:
i had rams with my betta and it worked out fine depends on your individual fish, just have a backup plan if you decide to do it.

Oh... Great. I said no because I would be afraid to put them togather. You are right, it all depends on individual fish. My betta eat shrimp right away, other people keep bettas with shrimp with no problems. Also my rams are getting ready to spawn so they are a bit aggressive toward other fish.

Back
Top Bottom